NEW JERSEY SLIP & FALL LAWYERS COLLECT MAXIMUM COMPENSATION FOR PEOPLE INJURED IN ATLANTIC, OCEAN, & MONMOUTH COUNTY
We go about our business every day, aware of the possibility of getting injured, but doing our best to watch where we walk, drive safely, stay out of dangerous, poorly lit alleys, etc. However, in spite of our best efforts, slip and fall accidents, also called trip & falls, happen every day in malls, grocery stores, drug stores, schools and more.
If you or someone you love has slipped and fallen due to the negligence of a property owner, you may be entitled to compensation for your premises liability injuries. Perhaps they failed to shovel snow, clean up a spill, or maintain proper lighting in a stair well. If you were injured due to their carelessness, you can bring a lawsuit and be compensated for your injuries. Contact the experienced personal injury lawyers at the Wilton Law Firm for a free consultation about your slip & fall case in Middletown, Atlantic City, Freehold, Tinton Falls, Fort Lee, Monmouth, Ocean, & Atlantic County.
PROPERTY OWNERS MUST MAINTAIN PREMISES THAT ARE CLEAR OF OBSTACLES
It happens far more often than you might think. You run into the nearest Walgreens to pick up a prescription and down you go! You didn’t see the fact that someone spilled a bottle of shampoo that had yet to be cleared. Or, on a rainy day, people fail to wipe their feet and traipse rainwater onto the waxed floors causing dangerous, slippery conditions.
Severe injuries result from slip & falls including broken or fractured bones, back and neck injuries, lacerations that require stitches and more. In fact, it’s not unusual for someone who has slipped on a wet or icy walkway in Freehold or Red Bank to become unconscious due to hitting their head. When this happens, it’s important to speak with an attorney who can help prove the accident was due to the property owner’s negligence.
Examples of Property Owner Negligence
Here are some examples of circumstances that a property owner should have been aware of and been able to correct so your accident would have been avoided.
- Poor lighting in parking lots, aisles, bathrooms, stairwells: Inadequate lighting invites criminal activity and makes it difficult for someone, especially an elderly individual, to avoid slip or trip and fall obstacles.
- Failure to mop up spills: It should almost go without saying that a store owner has a responsibility to clear up any standing liquid or spilled product as soon as it is reported. Even if a spill is cleared, the floor can remain slick. Failure by store personnel to put up a caution sign can indicate potential liability, as well.
- Loose handrails or wobbly steps must be repaired immediately. Alternately, signage directing visitors to avoid the stairwell must be posted. Same goes for any holes in flooring, uneven carpeting, doorway thresholds or parking lot potholes.
- Well-constructed displays of store merchandise are a must. If products topple over, they can create a dangerous slip and fall obstacle. All walkways, aisles and stairways must be clear of obstructions. If people cannot walk around displays easily, they are accidents waiting to happen. Storeowners should never put merchandising above shoppers’ safety.
WILTON LAW HAS COLLECTED MILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN ON BEHALF OF CLIENTS INJURED IN PREMISES LIABILITY CASES
- A $250,000 recovery for inadequate security provided by landlord resulting in attempted sexual assault upon a tenant inside her apartment.
- A $100,000 recovery for inadequate security provided by concert promoter at outdoor venue. The client suffered an ankle fracture when pushed by a group engaged in “moshing.”
- A $600,000 recovery when a retooled machine leaked water onto floor causing a worker to slip and fall resulting in lumbar herniation requiring surgery.
- A $195,000 recovery when an employee of a company slipped and fell on ice on company property.
Freehold NJ Slip-and-Fall Attorneys Will Fight for Your Right to Collect Maximum Compensation for Your Injuries
For more than 30 years, the skilled attorneys at the Wilton Law Firm have represented people injured in various premises liability and trip and fall accidents. We’ve helped them obtain financial awards to cover medical expenses, pain and suffering and wages lost due to recovery time off work.
Contact our offices in Middletown, Englewood or Galloway Township, NJ, to request your free consultation about your case today. We’re ready and willing to put our experience to work for you and fight for maximum compensation in your personal injury case. The consultation is free and we work on contingency. If we don’t collect on your behalf, you don’t pay us a dime.